No one goes to hell on our watch!
Holy Spirit-led, grace-driven.
The mission of Journeychurch is to see people come to Christ and live in the freedom of a grace-based life, while being transformed spirit, soul, and body by the power of the Holy Spirit.
STATEMENT OF FAITH ~ Our JOURNEY with God
- the road map for our journey is the Bible, the inspired Word of God, that it was written by holy men of God as they were moved on by the Holy Ghost. “For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man; but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.” 2 Peter 1:21 (KJV)
- in One God, eternally existing in three persons, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost. “For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.” 1 John 5:7 (KJV)
- that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. “For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only son, so that everyone who believes in him will not persish but have eternal life. John 3:16 (NLT) born of a virgin “Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which interpreted is, God with us. Matthew 1:23 (KJV), fully God and fully man.
- that Jesus died on the cross: “When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head and gave up the ghost. John 19:30 (KJV) And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said this, he gave up the ghost.” Luke 23:46 (KJV) shedding His blood to cleanse us from all our sins “But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 1 John 1:7 (KJV) and on the third day rose from the dead, “In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre. 5 And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. 6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. Matt 28:1-6 (KJV) and is today sitting at the right hand of the Father “But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, 56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.” Acts 7:55-56 (KJV)
- it is important that our journey continue as we become part of a local body of Christ and strengthen our relationship with God and with other believers. “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.” Heb 10:25 (KJV) “You must warn each other every day, while it is still “today,” so that none of you will be deceived by sin and hardened against God.” Heb 3:13 (NLT)
- that our relationship with God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost is a continual daily process. Then He said to them all, “Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.” Romans 12:2 (NLT) “Then He said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.” Luke 9:23 (NKJV)
- that we are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, and that God rescues, delivers, works in us and through us, and also empowers us to live out the faith we have. “Saving is all his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It’s God’s gift from start to finish! We don’t play the major role. If we did, we’d probably go around bragging that we’d done the whole thing! No, we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and saving. He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing.” Ephesians 2:8-9 (The Message)
- our journey continues with the Baptism of the Holy Ghost, with the initial evidence of speaking with other tongues. “And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.” Acts 2:4 (NKJV) The Baptism is an important part of the believers experience with God. It brings a deepened more consecrated relationship with the Father and empowers the believer to witness more effectively. “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. Acts 1:8 (KJV) God delights in giving His Holy Spirit to those who ask and obey, but this is a gift and there is nothing man can do to earn it. “If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!” Luke 11:13 (NKJV)
- our journey is shared with others as we use our God given gifts. They are earnestly to be desired and expected. “There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all.” 1 Cor 12:4-7 (NKJV)
- We believe in the rapture (the catching away) of the church and that our journey on this earth will one day end and we will see Jesus, the One who gave His life for us, face to face. “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. John 14:1-3 (NKJV)